COMMONWEALTH GAMES 2018, GOLD COAST
Commonwealth Games, 2018, held in Gold Coast Australia. This season was incredible as it has Australia at number 1, England at 2nd place and India at 3rd rank.After the top 3, it has Canada, South Africa, New Zealand, Wales, Scotland, Nigeria, Cyprus, Jamaica, Malaysia, Kenya, Singapore, Uganda, Botswana, Samoa respectively.
- Australia is on the 1st rank in 2018, Commonwealth Games. It has won total 194 medals. These medals include 78 gold, 57 silver and 59 bronze medals.
- England is ranking on 2nd number in 2018, Commonwealth Games. It has won total 130 medals, which includes 43 gold, 43 silver and 44 bronze medals.
- After Australia and England, India is ranmeadalking on number 3 in Gold Coast,2018 Commonwealth Games.These include 26 golds, 14 silver and 18 bronzes.
- Canada is ranking on number 4 with 81 medals. Thee medals include 15 gold, 39 silver and 27 bronze medal.
- South Africa is on number 5 with 37 medals which includes 13 gold, 11 silver and 13 bronze.
- New Zeland is on 6th rank with 43 medals. These include 12 gold, 16 silver and 15 bronze medals.
- Wales is on 7th rank with total 36 medals which includes 10 gold, 12 silver and 14 bronze medals.
- Scottland with 44 medals is raking on number 8 in 2018, Gold Coast, Australia. All 44 medals include 9 gold, 13 silver and 22 bronze medalsNigeria with 23 medals is ranking on 2018 Commonwealth Games. The medals include 9 gold, 8 silver and 6 bronze.
- It IS Cyprus, ranking on number 10 with 14 medals overall, which includes 8 gold, 1 silver and 5 bronze medals.
LIST OF INDIAN MEDAL WINNERS, 2018 COMMONWEALTH GAMES
GOLD WINNERS (26 MEDALS)
- Saina Nehwal confirms the Gold in badminton( men’s singles)
- Vikas Krishnan, boxer, wins hee gold in 75 kg category
- winning the gold in table tennis in women’s singles, Monika Batra becomes the first Indian woman to win this.
- In freestyle of women’s wrestling, 50kg category, Vinesh Phogat wins the gold for India.
- Gaurav Solanki won the gold in 52 kg boxing event.
- Neeraj Chopra clinched gold in javelin throwing and became the first Indian to do so.
- In men’s freestyle 125kg Sumit Malik won the gold for India.
- In 50 metre rifle 3 positioning shooting, Sanjeev Rajput finalised the gold.
- In 45-48 kg boxing event M.C Marry Com claimed for gold.
- In freestyle 65kg wrestling, Bajrang Punia has won the gold.
- In 50metre rifle shooting, Tejaswini Sawant strikes fo gold.
- In men’s 25-metre rapid fire pistol, Anish Bhanwal won the event.
- Men’s freestyle 74 kg wrestling event won by Sushil Kumar.
- In men’s freestyle 57 kg wrestling event, Rahul Aware won the gold.
- Shreysi Singh added one more gold in India’s tally by double trap women shooting.
- In 25-metre pistol event, Heena Sindhu won the event.
- One more gold was added by Indian mixed team badminton.
- Jitu Rai won gold in10m men’s air pistol event.
- Manu Bhaker won the gold for India in 10m women’s air pistol.
- Poonam Yadav won the gold in women’s 69kg category.
- Venkat Rahul Regal won the gold for India in men’s 85 kg category event.
- Mens 77 kg category won by weightlifter Satish Kumar Shivlingam.
- Sanjita Chanu also added the 2nd gold in India’s tally by winning 48kg category event.
- On the very first day of opening, Mirabai Chanu( weightlifter) won the first gold, in 2018 commonwealth games.
SILVER TALLY(14 MEDALS)
- P.V. Sindhu in women’s singles badminton event won the silver.
- Deepika Pallikal and Sourav Ghoshal finalised the silver in mixed doubles squash.
- In men’s 60kg category Boxer, Manish Koshik clinched the silver.
- In the boxing event of men’s 46-49 category, Amit Phangan won the silver.
- Another silver was added by Manika Batra and Mouma Das, in women’s doubles event.
- Anjum Moudgil claimed the silver in women’s 50 m rifle 3 positioning system.
- In women’s 57kg event wrestler Pooja Dhandha won the silver.
- Wrestler Mausam Khatri won the silver in men’s freestyle 97kg event.
- In women discus throw event, Seema Punia claimed silver.
- In 10m women’s air rifle event, Mehuli Ghosh claimed for silver.
- Pradeep Singh went for silver in men’ss 105kg weightlifting.
- Heena Sindhu won silver in 10m women’s air pistol.
- In men’s 56kg category, P.Gujaria won the silver.
- Tejaswini Sawant clinched silver
- in the 50m shooting.
- In the 53kg category, wrestler Babita Kumari won the silver.
BRONZE TALLY(18 MEDALS)
- In men’s table tennis competition Harmeet Desai and Sanil Shankar Shetty claimed the bronze.
- At women’s doubles, badminton events bronze won by Ashwini Ponnappa and Sikki Reddy.
- Somveer claims bronze in men’s freestyle 86kg.
- In women’s freestyle 62 kg, Sakshi Malik won the bronze.
- In men’s 91 kg, Naman Talwaar went for bronze.
- Manoj Kumar won the bronze in men’s 69kg boxing event.
- Hussamuddin Mohamed in men’s boxing event of men’s 56kg won the bronze.
- In women’s freestyle 68kg, Divya Kakran won the bronze.
- In women’s discus throw, Navjeet Dhillon won the bronze.
- Kiran finalised the bronze in women’s freestyle 76kg wrestling.
- In men’s double trap shooting event Ankur Mittal claimed for bronze.
- Another 2 bronze was added by Om Mitharval, in 50m men’s pistol event and 10m men’s air pistol .
- Apoorvi Chandela, in 10m wome’s air rifle event won bronze.
- In 94 kg category event, wrestler Vikas Thakur won the bronze.
- In 10m air rifle event, , Ravi Kumar added one more bronze in the tally.
- In the men’s 69 kg category Deepak Lather, won the bronze.
- In the men’s heavyweight ctegory, in parapowerlifting, Sachin Chaudhary won the bronze.
PLEASE COMEENT AND SUGGEST YOUR VIEWS IN COMMENT SECTION BELOW.